- IRS Issues Guidance Granting Transition Relief for Good-Faith Efforts Under FATCA, 86 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-4 (May 5, 2014).
- Practitioners Welcome Good-Faith Transition Relief for FATCA, Tax Notes Today 86-4 (May 5, 2014).
- U.S., Israel Reach FATCA Agreement As Global Information Exchange Broadens, 85 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-9 (May 2, 2014).
- IRS Provides New Guidance for Branches, Disregarded Entities to Register Under FATCA, 85 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-10 (May 2, 2014).
- IRS Issues New FATCA Form W-8IMY For Foreign Entities to Provide Withholding Agent, 84 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-9 (May 1, 2014).
- Forms and Instructions Are the IRS's Top FATCA Priority, Tax Notes Today 83-3 (April 30, 2014).
- U.S. Suspends FATCA Talks With Russia as Relations on Ukraine Grow More Strained, 82 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-1 (April 29, 2014).
- IRS Issues Minor Correcting Amendments To FATCA Regulations, With More Expected, 77 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-1 (April 22, 2014).
- Trusts May Be Financial Institutions Under FATCA, Tax Attorneys Say, 75 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-4 (April 18, 2014).
- FATCA IGAs Agreed in Substance Treated As in Effect; Registration Deadline Extended, 64 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-1 (April 3, 2014).
- Treasury To Treat FATCA Agreements In Substance As Agreements In Effect, Tax Notes Today 64-1 (April 3, 2014).
- Finalized FATCA Form Is Welcomed But Criticized for Lack of Instructions, Tax Notes Today 62-6 (April 1, 2014).
- FATCA Technical Corrections Package, Update to Forms Under Way, Officials Say, 58 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-1 (March 26, 2014).
- IRS May Consider Transitional Relief For FATCA Harmonization Rules in Some Cases, Tax Notes Today 58-4 (March 26, 2014).
- Concerns of Banks, Withholding Agents Rise As July 1 FATCA Compliance Deadline Nears, 56 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (March 24, 2014).
- IRS Issues Form W-8ECI Instructions to Report U.S.-Connected Income Under FATCA, 46 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-5 (March 10, 2014).
- IRS Releases Forms 8966, 1042 With FATCA Reporting Requirements, 44 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-4 (March 6, 2014).
- IRS Issues Long-Awaited Forms W-8 To Help Taxpayers Comply With FATCA, 43 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-5 (March 5, 2014).
- FATCA Rules Demonstrate Attention To Industry Concerns, Practitioners Say, 35 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (February 21, 2014).
- Treasury Releases FATCA Amendments and Harmonization Regulations, Tax Notes Today 35-1 (February 21, 2014).
- FATCA Agreement With Canada Ends Ongoing Uncertainty, Tax Notes Today 25-3 (February 5, 2014).
- U.S. IRS chief says no delay in tax-dodger law; some have doubts, Reuters (February 2, 2014).
- Final FFI Agreement Contains Few Surprises, Tax Notes Today 249-1 (December 27, 2013).
- IRS Unveils Final Agreement for Banks To Sign Up for Direct FATCA Reporting, 248 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (December 27, 2013).
- International Tax Evasion Crackdown: Slow, Tricky, And Only First Step in FATCA Legal Reform, International Business Times (October 30, 2013).
- IRS Unveils FFI Draft Agreement, FATCA Rule Updates With Some Significant Changes, 210 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-7 (October 30, 2013).
- FATCA Notice Offers Insight on Proposed Reg Updates, Tax Notes Today 210-1 (October 30, 2013).
- News Analysis: Anticipating the FATCA Coordination Guidance, Tax Notes Today 208-5 (October 28, 2013).
- Slow Pace of FATCA IGA Implementation Worries Financial Industry, Tax Notes Today 207-5 (October 25, 2013).
- Attorneys: IRS Clarifies Investment Advisers Aren't Subject to FATCA Simply for Advice, 178 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-1 (September 13, 2013).
- Correcting Amendments to Final FATCA Regs Include Important Changes, Practitioners Say, Tax Notes Today 175-1 (September 10, 2013).
- New Online FATCA Registration Portal Gets Positive Reviews, but Some Questions Remain 167 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G5 (August 28, 2013).
- U.S.-Caymans FATCA Agreement Signals Growing Tax Transparency, Practitioners Say, 160 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-2 (August 19, 2012).
- FATCA Agreement with Caymans is a Milestone, Tax Notes Today 159-1 (August 16, 2013).
- Latest FATCA Form Strays From Text of Final Regulations, Tax Notes Today 159-2 (August 16, 2013).
- FATCA Compliance Deadlines Delayed, Tax Notes Today 135-5 (July 15, 2013).
- U.S. and U.K. Sign Revised Annex II to FATCA Agreement, Tax Notes Today 122-2 (June 25, 2013).
- U.K. Publishes Guidance to Implement FATCA Agreement With United States, 107 Daily Tax Report (BNA) I-3 (June 4, 2013).
- New Draft Form Used by Exempt Foreign Entities Reflects Changes Under FATCA, 102 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-9 (May 28, 2013).
- Sweeney Urges Caution in Relying on Draft FATCA Forms, Tax Notes Today 89-3 (May 8, 2013).
- IRS Still Focused on Chapter 3 Reporting Despite FATCA, Tax Notes Today 87-6 (May 6, 2013).
- IRS Official Says FATCA Work Focusing On Registration, Compliance Dates Ahead, 86 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-12 (May 3, 2013).
- Guidance Coming in Time for Launch of FATCA Registration Portal, Tax Notes Today 86-3 (May 3, 2013).
- Obama Budget Includes Reciprocal FATCA Information Reporting, Tax Notes Today 70-3 (April 10, 2013).
- Changes in Draft Withholding Form Affect FATCA Compliance Preparations, Tax Notes Today 65-3 (April 3, 2013).
- Final FATCA Regs Fill In Blanks, But Challenges Remain, Tax Notes Today 15-5 (January 23, 2013).
- Government Issues Long-Awaited Final Rules On Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, 13 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (January 18, 2013).
- Wait for FATCA Regulations Continues into 2013, Tax Notes Today 3-3 (January 4, 2013).
- Updates to Model FATCA Agreements Raise Questions, Tax Notes Today 2-3 (December 31, 2012).
- Differences in FATCA Agreements Create Implementation Challenges, Tax Notes Today 231-4 (November 29, 2012).
- Bank Representatives Discuss FATCA Concerns in Light of IGAs, Tax Notes Today 225-2 (November, 21, 2012).
- IRS International Withholding Official Outlines Enforcement Priorities, Tax Notes Today 222-2 (November 15, 2012).
- IRS announces new policy on allowing emailed or faxed W-8 forms, The Institute of Financial Operations, (November 7, 2012).
- Firms subject to U.S. FATCA advised to press on with preparing despite rule delay, Reuters, (November 6, 2012).
- New FATCA Timelines Increase Conformity Between Regs, Intergovernmental Agreements, Tax Notes Today 207-1 (October 24, 2012).
- FATCA Reporting Said to Require Compliance Expertise, Tax Notes Today 203-2 (October 18, 2012).
- IRS Officials Offer Preliminary Details of FATCA Registration Process, Tax Notes Today 194-1 (October 5, 2012).
- Law Firm Explains U.S.-U.K. FATCA Agreement, Tax Notes Today 184-38 (September 20, 2012).
- IRS Releases FATCA Draft Forms for Foreign Intermediaries and Passthrough Entities, Tax Notes Today 158-1 (August 15, 2012).
- News Analysis: Model Agreements Signal Move to Automatic Information Exchange, Tax Notes Today 151-2 (August 6, 2012).
- New U.S. Tax Rule Fuels Frustration, Advisor.ca (June 5, 2012).
- U.S. Stands Firm on Tax Law Changes, Advisor.ca (May 30, 2012).
- Foreign Financial Asset Reporting Regs Broad In Scope, Tax Notes Today 242-2 (December 15, 2011).
- IRS Guidance on FATCA Sets Phase-In Of Provisions Beginning in June 2013, 136 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-4 (July 15, 2011).
- Treasury Offers Transition Relief for FATCA, Tax Notes Today 136-1 (July 14, 2011).
- FATCA Transition Relief Possible, Tax Notes Today 112-1 (June 9, 2011).
- Electronic Filing of W-8s and W-9s Advances Withholding Compliance, Officials Say, Tax Notes Today 108-3 (June 3, 2011).
- News Analysis: Compliance at What Cost, Tax Notes Today 108-4 (June 2, 2011) .
- IRS Officials Shed Light on FATCA’s Family Member Linking Concept, Tax Notes Today 87-1 (May 5, 2011).
- IRS Guidance on FATCA Offers Little Simplification, Practitioners Tell BNA, 72 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-8 (April 14, 2011).
- IRS Unveils Eagerly Awaited FATCA Guidance, Practitioners Say Many Challenges Remain, 69 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (April 11, 2011).
- Treasury, IRS Likely to Seriously Consider EU Missive on FATCA Concerns, Practitioners Say, , 69 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (April 11, 2011).
- FATCA Guidance Details Account Identification Procedures, Tax Notes Today 69-2 (April 08, 2011) .
- IRS Selects New Members for IRPAC, Tax Notes Today 16-27 (January 24, 2011).
Governments Press U.S. Treasury to Ease Overseas Tax-Cheat Law, Bloomberg News Service (January 13, 2011).
- Initial FATCA Guidance Expected in Early 2011, Treasury Official Says, Tax Notes Today Tax Notes Today 237-9 (December 9, 2010).
- Government to Work on FATCA Guidance Before Bank Pacts, Officials Say, 212 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-4 (Nov. 4, 2010).
- IRS, Treasury Officials Discuss Next Steps FATCA Guidance, Tax Notes Today 213-1 (Nov. 4, 2010).
- Recent Field Guidance “Broadly Consistent” With FATCA, Officials Say, Tax Notes Today 184-2 (September 23, 2010).
- IRS Official Seek Additional Comments on Notices Involving International Issues, 183 Daily Tax Report G-6 (September 23, 2010).
- IRS Releases Proposed Guidance on FATCA Withholding Provisions, Tax Notes Today 167-4 (August 30, 2010).
- IRS Unveils Comprehensive Guidance on Foreign Bank Reporting, Disclosure, 166 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-1 (August 30, 2010).
- Against the clock: US regulation could land a big tax bill on foreign firms, The Markit Magazine (Summer 2010).
- Treasury Department Unlikely to Fully Carve Foreign Financial Institutions Under FATCA, 109 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-7 (June 9, 2010).
- Initial FATCA Guidance Likely To Be Released In Summer, Treasury Official Says, Tax Notes Today 110-7 (June 8, 2010).
IRS Corrects Withholding on Securities Lending, Tax Notes Today 98-1 (May 20, 2010).
Treasury, IRS Considering FATCA Exclusions Based on Institution's Risk, Official Says, Tax Notes Today 89-4 (May 10, 2010).
IRS Interested in “Know Your Customer” Experiences to Help Develop FATCA Guidance, Official Says, Tax Notes Today 86-4 (May 5, 2010).
IRS Seeks Comments on Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act; Stakeholders Weigh In, 66 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-10 (April 8, 2010).
Foreign Bank Reporting Provisions in HIRE Act Seen Changing Withholding Landscape, 59 Daily Tax Report (BNA) GG-2 (Mar. 19, 2010).
Curbing Tax Evasion: Do You Know Where Your Data Is?, Securities Industry News (Jan. 25, 2010).
How to Operate When the Feds Step Up Hunt for Tax Evasion Overseas, Securities Industry News (Nov. 16, 2009).
IRS Heightening Scrutiny of Withholding in Broad Range
of Areas, Official Says, 197 Daily Tax Report (BNA) G-3
(Oct. 15, 2005).
What Obama’s Crackdown on Offshore Accounts Means for
Your Operations, Securities Industry News (Aug. 31,
- Obama’s QI Proposals Would Impose Significant
Burdens on Foreign Banks, Practitioners Say, Tax Notes
Today 86-7 (May 6, 2009).
- IRS Seeking Risk-Based Approach to Auditing
Qualified Intermediaries, Agency Official Says, 66 Daily
Tax Report (BNA) G-3 (Apr. 8, 2009).
- Practitioners Urge Caution on Qualified Intermediary
Program Changes, Tax Notes Today 65-2 (Apr. 8, 2009)
- IRS Planning Comprehensive Approach To Withholding
Tax Compliance, Ng Says, 237 Daily Tax Report (BNA)
G-14 (Dec. 10, 2008).
- IRS Plans Two More Sets of Guidance Tightening QI
Program, IRS Official Says, 209 Daily Tax Report (BNA)
G-7 (Oct. 29, 2008).
- Treaty Arbitration Finds Favor in U.K., U.S., 45 Tax Notes International 631 (Feb. 19, 2007).
- Other People's Taxes, 113 Tax Notes 1124 (Dec. 25, 2006).
- Guidance Out Soon on Transfer Pricing, Gain Recognition Agreements, Officials Say, 242 Daily Tax Report G-1 (December 18, 2006).
- Service Increasing Scrutiny Of International Transactions, 213 Daily Tax Report G-1 (November 3, 2006).
- Withholding New IRS Guidance Allows More Flexibility For
Simplified Foreign Withholding Rules, 229 Daily Tax
Report G-1 (November 30, 2005).
- Tax Treaties Treasury Not Concerned by Dutch Decree
Disregarding Hybrid Entities Treaty Provision, 136 Daily
Tax Report G-5 (July 18, 2005).
- Bulgarian Tax Treaty Negotiators To Address Range of
Issues, Worldwide Tax Daily 80-10 (April 27, 2005).
- Withholding Interest Not Imposed in Some Cases Under
Voluntary Compliance Program, 37 Daily Tax Report G-7
(February 25, 2005).
- U.S. IRS Looking to Expand Prefiling Agreement Program,
Worldwide Tax Daily 122-10 (June 23, 2004).
- LMSB Audits Pulling in Tax Shelters, U.S. IRS Official
Says, Worldwide Tax Daily 122-11 (June 23, 2004).
- Former IRS Official Staples Asks U.S. Treasury to
'Clarify' U.K. Treaty, Worldwide Tax Daily 84-8 (April
- Staples Recommends Changes to U.S. Foreign Partnership
Withholding Income, Reporting Rules, Worldwide Tax Daily
43-21 (March 4, 2004).
- Transfer Pricing Proposed Rules Not Intended to
Emphasize Residual Profit Split Method, Official Says,
39 Daily Tax Report G-6 (March 1, 2004).
- Lead Tax Report Tax Shelters Bush Administration
Withdraws Notice 98-5, Vows to Pursue Foreign Tax Credit
Abuses, 31 Daily Tax Report GG-1 (February 18, 2004).
- Taxation, Pensions, Budget, And Accounting Outlook 2004
International Taxes, 09 Daily Tax Report S-14 (January
- Attorney Expands on Swiss Suggestion Regarding U.S. on
Foreign Withholding, Worldwide Tax Daily 243-30
(December 18, 2003).
- Swiss Banking Group Comments on Foreign Partnership
Withholding and Income Reporting Rules,Tax Notes Today
242-25 (December 17, 2003).
- Transfer Pricing: Practitioners Say New Proposed Method
Poor Substitute For Existing Cost Safe Harbor Tax,
Budget & Accounting, 174 Daily Tax Report G-7 (September
- Interview Langdon, Staples Discuss Domestic,
International Challenges in Exit Interviews, 143 Daily
Tax Report J-1 (July 25, 2003).
- Service Issues Final Agreements for Foreign Trusts and
Partnerships, 133 Daily Tax Report GG-1 (July 11, 2003).
- ABA Tax Section Meeting: Observers Wait to See How
Earnings Stripping Situation is Resolved, Worldwide Tax
Daily 91-2 (May 9, 2003).